Asia Pacific Capital Tracker 1Q22: A record year ahead
Investment volumes in Asia Pacific grew 20% year-on-year as sentiment improves across key markets and sectors.
May 11, 2022
Transaction volumes in Asia Pacific rose 20% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2022 to hit US$40.8 billion despite a quarter-on-quarter dip in investment activity.
This strong performance comes amid improving sentiment across key markets including Singapore, South Korea, and Australia, and recovery across certain sectors — most notably retail.
- Increased appetite for ESG with more capital deployment into value-add strategies by greening old offices
- Office rentals will rise in tandem with APAC inflation rates
- With the exception of China and Japan, debt market conditions have dramatically shifted
- Record levels of capital will be deployed into real estate in 2022
- APAC investors will increase logistics exposure by 7% and generally pivoting towards logistics and data centres
- Migration to greener buildings will be main driving force for leasing across region
- More resilient retail assets to be sold in coming quarters with investors venturing into Australia, Singapore, and China
Download our latest Capital Tracker to uncover more sector insights and the outlook for the record year ahead.